Friday, June 23, 2006

Speaking at IE Leadership Camp at CUHK

I was the guest speaker today at the Information Engineering Leadership Camp, for the IE Dept of the Chinese University of Hong Kong. I had the opportunity to share with about 40 JUPAS applicants on the topic of: "領袖分享:訊息工程的趨勢及香港的機會" ("Leadership Sharing: Trends in Information Engineering and Opportunities in Hong Kong").



It is always a pleasure for me to be able to speak to and share with students, especially if I have a chance to try to convince them to take up IT for their study and future career. Speaking to these young people, and hearing from them about their secondary school education inside and outside of the classroom, I can't help but think that they are really much better prepared than we were in our days.


(Picture with some of the students and professors of the IE Dept)

I challenged them to become big dreamers. I have to say that I did not dream big enough when I started my companies before. We did not take full advantage of the China and global market, even though we knew and we said all the time that the Internet was global. When these group of young people graduate from university in four years, China will probably have the biggest Internet population, and Hong Kong most likely will still be the most international city in China. Just think about that.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

-->